Or, in other words, says FUCK YOU to half of her fans.
View this post on Instagram
I’m writing this post about the upcoming midterm elections on November 6th, in which I’ll be voting in the state of Tennessee. In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now. I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent. I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love. Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives. Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway. So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting! 🗳😃🌈
So, as you can see here, she basically uses every single bullshit leftist talking point:
- Characterizes Rep. Blackburn and all Republicans as people that believe gays aren’t deserving of any rights. This isn’t true. Even supporting traditional marriage does not mean one wants to deny gay people rights. Furthermore, this whole notion that a gay person’s rights are tied up in marriage is ridiculous. You can have a long, fulfilling relationship without the benefits marriage confers to people, and if you need those, you could give your partner power of attorney. Even so…whatever. I don’t feel like arguing that right now. Bottom line is, she’s lying about Rep. Blackburn and she’s lying about everyone who supports traditional marriage.
- She bitches about “systemic racism” which is just more bullshit. More garbage made up by the left to splinter us all and make it easier for them to buy votes and remain in power. Nothing new here.
- It’s not the government’s role to fight for anybody’s dignity. What the fuck? And what about the dignity of Christians who do not want to participate in what is essentially blasphemy? Oh, they don’t deserve any rights, according to Taylor Swift. Sarah Sanders and Ted Cruz can be hounded out of restaurants and there’s nothing wrong with discriminating against them, but don’t discriminate against dykes like Taylor! This hypocrisy pisses me the fuck off.
- Rep. Blackburn voted against the equal pay act Taylor mentions because it was pointless and would not have solved the problem. Also, there is no problem to be solved. This has been debunked over and over again, even by Time and Newsweek.
- That violence against women act is also pointless. It’s still illegal to assault people. Why do we need another law?
- If businesses have a right to refuse service to Republicans and conservatives, then Christians should have the right to refuse service to gay people. Of course, the left isn’t being entirely honest with this talking point. The issue was always very specific – Christian businesses, mostly those that offer wedding-related services, did not want to provide said services for gay marriages, of which many found blasphemous. Expecting Christians to provide services for blasphemy is like expecting Muslims to serve pork in their restaurants, even though they cannot countenance being near pork. The service was always denied in the case of a marriage, but if a gay person just wanted to buy donuts, they were not denied. If a gay person wanted a floral delivery for a birthday or anniversary, they were not denied. If a gay person wanted photography services for a family reunion or whatever, they were not denied. But when it came to marriage, they were denied because doing so is basically committing blasphemy. You want to compel Christians to commit blasphemy, and when they resist, you call them bigots. That’s despicable and that is fucking low.
She also got in a dig against Trump (whining about how she just had to speak out given what’s happened in the past two years). Trump is the most pro-gay President we’ve ever had. He’s been for gay rights since the before his candidacy. Furthermore, he fully embraced their support during his candidacy. Obama and Hillary Clinton were johnny-come-latelys, only bothering to do so when it was popular, and only because Obama was up for reelection. And yet this is how she repays him.
You know, the only reason why she made this post is because of Kavanaugh getting on the Supreme Court. The Dems want their majority so they can impeach him (even though they will have to wait for him to actually commit a crime as a Justice of the Supreme Court). They must have offered her the moon and the stars to get her to do this.
The chans are gonna be pissed. She can kiss half her fanbase goodbye after this. Not only did she insult them, she basically told them who to vote for. Oh, she didn’t say so in those exact words, but most celebs are clever like that. They don’t outright say “you need to vote for so-and-so” but they implore you to vote, assuming that you will vote the way they want you to. And she wants all of you in Tennessee and around the country to vote Democrat.
Well, excuse me, but fuck that. I’ve never voted anything other than Republican and I will never vote Democrat.